Most underrated video games

Yoshidude99 said:
Xpike said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Shadow the Hedgehog
No, that is a bad game with bad stuff in it and whose only redeeming quality, like most 3D Sonics, is that it has a decent soundtrack. The whole "platformer with guns" is just the tip of the iceberg in a game with bad controls, bad level design, horrible voice acting and dialogue, a "moral system" that is somehow even worse than other games.

But, opinions and all.

The Sly Cooper games are great 3D platformers, but seeing how Thieves in Time is performing makes me believe only 1% of the population even knows it exists.
Stop with the hate in this thread. It is my favourite Sonic game actually.

Get over yourself, people are allowed to have their opinions, no matter who much you may dislike it.

Super Princess Peach. There's so much stuff to collect, a nice variety in bosses, quality sprites reminiscent of Yoshi's Island, the list goes on...

Definitely Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. It has a nice, relaxing soundtrack, great courses, and a good, considerable amount of characters. I like it.

Then again, the entire Mario Golf series is underrated in my opinion.

Also, seeing Shadow the Hedgehog mentioned in here reminded me; what was so bad about Sonic '06 anyways? I haven't played it, so I wouldn't know, but I heard it was horrid.

MCS said:
Definitely Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. It has a nice, relaxing soundtrack, great courses, and a good, considerable amount of characters. I like it.

Also, seeing Shadow the Hedgehog mentioned in here reminded me; what was so bad about Sonic '06 anyways? I haven't played it, so I wouldn't know, but I heard it was horrid.

lots of problems really.

Some bleh loading screen times, and lots of them. Some dumb bosses you must defeat pretty stupidly, silver for example, the only way you can beat him is by the method of him throwing something at you and immediately attacking him afterwards, however any other form of approaching him is what with him a psychic grab and throwing, btw if he's around you when you're against a wall he can do this infinitely and just kill you that way. Another thing is the physics, as you can literally walk on loops, and air movement is also pretty jagged, as you can go from the most right part of the sky, to the left part of the sky in split seconds, making air control weird. There are also some really stupid missions like HEY SONIC FIND MY DOG, then we have the story of GET ELISE, SHE GETS CAPTURE, GET ELISE AGAIN, SHE GETS CAPTURED, and that cycle literally continues throughout most of the game. There's also the fact that sonic somehow destroys the world too, which is just lol.

Also in one cutscene it looks like sonic and elise are on the wallpaper of the default windows xp background.

Also bestiality between sonic and elise.

oh god, that does sound really bad. That makes sense why it got bad reviews now. :P

But really, there was a mission where you had to find someone's dog? xD

EDIT: ...wait, I just Googled Elise; she's a human?

Samus Aran said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Xpike said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Shadow the Hedgehog
No, that is a bad game with bad stuff in it and whose only redeeming quality, like most 3D Sonics, is that it has a decent soundtrack. The whole "platformer with guns" is just the tip of the iceberg in a game with bad controls, bad level design, horrible voice acting and dialogue, a "moral system" that is somehow even worse than other games.

But, opinions and all.

The Sly Cooper games are great 3D platformers, but seeing how Thieves in Time is performing makes me believe only 1% of the population even knows it exists.
Stop with the hate in this thread. It is my favourite Sonic game actually.

Get over yourself, people are allowed to have their opinions, no matter who much you may dislike it.
Yeah but this isn't the right thread for that.

Final Fantasy 13.

I know this game has some immense problems, like the main story being stupidly linear, no towns, and the fact that the first two chapters are an immense bore fest.

However I really liked the game, it had a rather needed improved battle system, some nice functionality for each character, lots of ways to set up each character, awesome summons, a good difficulty, a plethora of sidequests, enjoyable characters(although hope is kinda annoying), a really nice story, probably my favorite story in the series actually, and had some nice visuals and awesome ost.

Yeah I really liked the game, so much I played 140 hours on it, literally 140 hours straight with only breaks being showering, eating, and sleeping.

It was a really fun game and I kinda wish FF13-2 would have been the same, but oh well.

Anyway, its a nice game and I really like it.

I think Mario Party Advance is pretty underrated. Was more single-player oriented, but it was still a pretty good game. TBH, I'd rank this like #3 in my Mario Party rankings list, even though it's not exactly a true Mario Party game. =P

I'm sure everyone already knows what I'm going to say, but to avoid people saying "enough of that shit already" and to avoid newer users constantly asking "wait what did he mean", I shall stick the name into le spoiler.

XIII

OH MY GOD WHO SAW THIS COMING

MCS said:

You should go and see a LP of Sonic 06, doesn't matter if it's Game Grumps or someone else. Having played though the whole game, I can tell you that it wouldn't have been so bad (more like Sonic Heroes-quality) if they didn't rush it to Christmas, which is why there's so many glitches, bug, loading, and missions that don't make sense like playing hide and seek with the police.
It's a shame that such a great OST was wasted on that game.

Xpike said:
Having played though the whole game, I can tell you that it wouldn't have been so bad (more like Sonic Heroes-quality) if they didn't rush it to Christmas,
Am I the only one that actually liked Sonic Heroes?

Time Turner said:
Xpike said:
Having played though the whole game, I can tell you that it wouldn't have been so bad (more like Sonic Heroes-quality) if they didn't rush it to Christmas,
I liked it, that's why I said if they haven't rushed it it (Sonic 06) would've been actually decent.

I liked Sonic Heroes as well.

Soarin' said:
Speaking of Sonic, I enjoyed Secret Rings.

does that make me weird

no that means your taste is really questionable.

irony

Time Turner said:
Soarin' said:

does that make me weird
Nope. I think I'm just a sucker for Sonic games, but I liked Unleashed and Black Knight as well.

Unleashed was meh and Black Knight wasn't that great, but Secret Rings wasn't that bad.

Time Turner said:

I liked it too. That reminds me, I still need to finish that, haven't played it since 2011...

Time Turner said:
Nope. I think I'm just a sucker for Sonic games, but I liked Unleashed and Black Knight as well.

Unleashed I'm still playing here and there, but eh. Haven't played Black Knight.

The best Sonic game IMO is definitely Sonic the Hedgehog 1 or 2 (can't decide between those two). Classics ftw.

heroes was kinda.. eh to me, i mean it was alright i guess, but its not my favorite to say the least.

Haven't played unleashed due to how ungodly boring the night stages look, and secret rings just bored me enough for me to go sleep.

Soarin' said:

does that make me weird
Nope. Actually thinking about it I like every Sonic game I own except Gems Collection but even that has Fighters and Triple Trouble on that I like.

Four Swords Adventures. I never hear that many Zelda fans mention it, and also

From ZeldaWiki said:
Four Swords Adventures is the least successful game in the series, selling a mere 250,000 copies in North America.

Back