Most underrated video games

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
Here, you can talk about underrated video games no matter if it's Mario-related or not. Two underrated Mario games would be Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Super Paper Mario. I know, you hate me because I like these two games that suck. Two lesser-known games I played when I was obsessed with Halloween stuff were Grabbed by the Ghoulies, which at least became downloadable online (this game is so unsuitable, it should not be E-rated. I mean, just look at the title but I still like the game.) and Scooby-Doo Mystery Mayhem (I was obsessed with the Scooby-Doo franchise). I know I made you mad by liking unpopular games but don't worry, maybe you can get your revenge on me here.

Shadow the Hedgehog,Super Paper Mario,Rayman 3 and Kid Icarus Uprising. I love these games and it gets me a bit annoyed when people say bad things about them especially when they haven't even played them.

I don't consider Kid Icarus Uprising an underrated game.

Yoshidude99 said:
Shadow the Hedgehog
No, that is a bad game with bad stuff in it and whose only redeeming quality, like most 3D Sonics, is that it has a decent soundtrack. The whole "platformer with guns" is just the tip of the iceberg in a game with bad controls, bad level design, horrible voice acting and dialogue, a "moral system" that is somehow even worse than other games.

But, opinions and all.

The Sly Cooper games are great 3D platformers, but seeing how Thieves in Time is performing makes me believe only 1% of the population even knows it exists.

Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom, Nobunaga's Ambition, That Milon's secret castle sequel

Yoshidude99 said:
Shadow the Hedgehog

It's not one of the best games in the world but I never thought it was bad.

Xpike said:
The Sly Cooper games are great 3D platformers, but seeing how Thieves in Time is performing makes me believe only 1% of the population even knows it exists.

I'm working on beating the first three games and will try to get Thieves in Time when I'm finished. I really like the series.

Xpike said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Shadow the Hedgehog
No, that is a bad game with bad stuff in it and whose only redeeming quality, like most 3D Sonics, is that it has a decent soundtrack. The whole "platformer with guns" is just the tip of the iceberg in a game with bad controls, bad level design, horrible voice acting and dialogue, a "moral system" that is somehow even worse than other games.

But, opinions and all.

I used to have a Sly Cooper game for the PS2. It was pretty good, but I don't have it anymore.

The Mario Kart Arcade GP games are pretty sweet if you get to play them. Too bad they're on expensive Arcade machines, though.

Rayman Origins, despite its justified praise, deserves to be in here because its sales were a flop in its first years. After the price change, it did get a profit. But really, it didn't deserve to flop. That platformer is probably the single best platformer I played, and this is coming from someone who has played a majority of Mario platformers, including Super Mario Bros. 3 (not fully) and Super Mario World.

Donkey Kong 64, so very much. I love, love, love this game, but I have yet to find a fan of the game in any site/forum I know of. Most of the Donkey Kong fans out there find this game "average" or something like that. It just seems that most people are not too fond of "collectathon" games anyway.

I think DK64 is a great game, but I didn't think it could be considered underrated.

It is indeed underrated because most people just blindly complain about the high amount of items to collect, or how the game doesn't have the Donkey Kong Country feel. If you were to join any DK forums, you'd see.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Donkey Kong 64, so very much. I love, love, love this game, but I have yet to find a fan of the game in any site/forum I know of. Most of the Donkey Kong fans out there find this game "average" or something like that. It just seems that most people are not too fond of "collectathon" games anyway.

I absolutely love Donkey Kong 64. It's a pretty sweet game. Unlike other people, I love to collect things in this game. It's very fun to do so and brings out the exploration value.

You love this game? Really? OK, I take back the Baby Luigi thing on the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team thread. Also, I love the exploration feel of the game too. Actually, I love everything about this game, it's one of my favourite games of all time.

Yes, I really loved Donkey Kong 64. Probably the only thing I hate about it is that one Golden Banana in Crystal Caves where you defeat enemies in a certain time as Diddy Kong and the stupid Gnawty Klaptrap thing.

Xpike said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Shadow the Hedgehog

But, opinions and all.

Stop with the hate in this thread. It is my favourite Sonic game actually.

Operation Paperclip said:
I still don't understand sports game hate.
Nothing wrong with sports games, it's just that they're unfortunately too often associated with Electronic Arts and their slimy business practices.

Back