Independent Nintendo Wikis

Re: Independant Nintendo Wikis

Edofenrir said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Edofenrir said:
We can, and we are prepared to take the burden from him, up to a point where he has to do absolutely nothing. All he has to do is to simply agree.
I remember when some users tried to do that for Steve before with the wiki itself. It got to the point they tried to get Steve to give them the "keycode of the wiki" or whatever it was, annoyed Steve, and ended looking like a cult. We should probabilly just let Steve decide most, if not all, of it himself. :-\
It's a simple affiliation we're talking about, not gaining more power. It doesn't even come close to be potentially harmful for the wiki.
I know, I'm just giving an example of how trying to do everything for Porple (like you said you were prepared to do) won't end well. I don't expect it to be as extreme as the "other thing".

@Garlic: That wasn't the point of my post.

Quote from Archaic "After he initially seemed in favour of it, and a lot of us had started work to make it a reality, a lot of people were disappointed with his latest message."

I agree. He just has to say yes, we will do all of the work. And if he says no, I beg you Steve, please share your reasons

I won't complain with whatever decision he makes; I only ask that he takes the community's opinions into account.

Other than that, we shouldn't jump his case too much.

Breaking News: Steve approves

I'm glad to ally with our friends. Maybe try to involve some sort of Kirby and/or Sonic Wikis?

Sharks Territory said:
I'm glad to ally with our friends. Maybe try to involve some sort of Kirby and/or Sonic Wikis?
Nah, we know little about them and they aren't that major. Plus, they're on wikia, iirc.

Nerdy Guy said:
Sharks Territory said:
Nah, we know little about them and they aren't that major. Plus, they're on wikia, iirc.

Two things wrong with that post.

Kirby is not minor. A wiki can easily be made about the series, seeing as there is also the Anime and the games, plus the many characters.

Also, there are Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon wikis on Wikia... So how does that explain our existance?

Super Paper Mario Bros. said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Sharks Territory said:
Two things wrong with that post.

Kirby is not minor. A wiki can easily be made about the series, seeing as there is also the Anime and the games, plus the many characters.
Yes, but I meant there isn't a well known wiki.

Also, there are Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon wikis on Wikia... So how does that explain our existance?
The alliance is against Wikia as was mentioned before. Mainly because some of them steal from us, Bulbapedia, and ZeldaWiki.

Nerdy Guy said:
Yes, but I meant there isn't a well known wiki.
One can easily be created, no? And just because there isn't a well-known wiki, doesn't mean there isn't a quality wiki that will come to us.

Nerdy Guy said:
The alliance is against Wikia as was mentioned before. Mainly because some of them steal from us, Bulbapedia, and ZeldaWiki.
I know that.

Sharks Territory said:
Wait, is this supposed to harm Wikia, or something?
No, we're just against it because it loads sluggishly slow on some computers and you can't do anything without the Wikia admins watching.

Nerdy Guy said:
Sharks Territory said:

Their is a major Sonic Wiki, and we're already in affiliation with it

AM BACK

on-topic: Sonic isn't nintendo. I thought this was about nintendo.

I am just....so proud of you guys. Who knew that little fly-by-night fan wiki I ran across five years ago would someday join an alliance centered around the ideas of sharing information effectively.

And you kids haven't even been messing with the thermostat while I was gone. And the cat hasn't been shaved (this time.....)!

Brings a tear to my eye. :'(

Ghost Jam said:
I am just....so proud of you guys. Who knew that little fly-by-night fan wiki I ran across five years ago would someday join an alliance centered around the ideas of sharing information effectively.

And you kids haven't even been messing with the thermostat while I was gone. And the cat hasn't been shaved (this time.....)!

Brings a tear to my eye. :'(
;D

Told you guys, -200 Fahrenheit is not that bad

Back