Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Nintendo Switch)

Okay, so the game came out (May something) and I want to buy it...but *clears throat* MADAME FLURRIE. I can't get the game 'cause of her.

I've never played TTYD but this remake looks great. I like how the updated visuals are still faithful to the original, and aren't just TOK's graphics. The new music sounds great, and I appreciate how there's an option to switch back to the original OST. Also I think they made unique versions of the battle theme for different areas like in TOK? If so then that's awesome. Apparently they've added new pipes to fix the backtracking issues I've heard about. Disappointed about the framerate though, since the original ran at 60fps. Other than that though it looks amazing, can't wait to play it.

It's because of her giant melons.

My parents would think she's beyond inappropriate.

Your parents have to be pretty darn protective to find THAT of all things too inappropriate.

Last edited:
Well, idk how they would react exactly but based on how protective my parents are, I'd probably end up banned from playing Mario games...just like with Pokemon, Zelda, and a ton more things.

So there is a new named NPC, Ian Foomus, a Little Mouser who offers extra information in the Trouble Center. (I'm new to editing character articles here, so please check it over.)

This feels like a big deal to me. With the rest of this remake, you could argue that the characters and designs are only being grandfathered in from the original game, and it won't continue into future entries in the series. But this guy is a new character! With a corny pun name! I already love him!

…Though to play devil's advocate, maybe he only gets a pass because all the other NPCs have names and he'd stick out otherwise. It's hard to tell exactly what the decision-making process is and I've been hurt before

In general, the game is looking really promising so far. I'm realizing how much talent there is at Intelligent Systems that I haven't been able to let myself appreciate, through the constraints on Paper Mario and the frenetic pace of WarioWare (as a collection of very small-scale cutscenes and games). I hope new games are indeed allowed to capitalize on this potential; all the pieces are there between this and TOK.

I think I saw somewhere that the Chestnut King name is still used, but that still leaves the "Sky-Blue Spinies coming from pipes" error and if the (Killer) Piranha Plants will have a unique name.

I'm sure most people know by now, but are we not gonna talk about that Vivian is transgender in this version? People on Twitter are certainly very happy about it.
Is she actually trans in the North America version this time? I think I heard that she was trans in the Japan version of original TTYD but not North America for some reason

These dumbasses that are crying about wokeness and political banter in the TTYD remake probably don't realise that Vivian being trans was a thing in the original game as well, it just wasn't present in the English version, which is likely the only version that these dumbasses played.

It's genuinely sad that some people are so transphobic that they refuse to buy a fantastic game just because it has a trans person in it. Trans people exist, deal with it. Myself, I'm supremely relieved and overjoyed that Vivian is canonically trans in the English version now and hope that she'll be good trans rep and inspire at least one kid there to realise that some people are trans that's okay.

average like-to-dislike ratio on a yt video about transgender characters

View attachment 44806

i await some other nintendo channel making a video called "Kens-woke Tanabe has made Paper Mario POLITICAL???"
Btw how can you see the dislike count on videos? I thought Youtube hid that a while back

These dumbasses that are crying about wokeness and political banter in the TTYD remake probably don't realise that Vivian being trans was a thing in the original game as well, it just wasn't present in the English version, which is likely the only version that these dumbasses played.
jesus christ

the wokeness has infested japan??

JAPAN HAS FALLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am going to commit sudoku now that my dreams of getting a submissive trad japanese waifu will never happen now that japan has been corrupted by the woke mind virus

it's over OWARI DA

these dumbasses will probably insist that it wasn't in the japanese version and was just mistranslated like they've been doing with brisket guiltygear. that whole meme of how a character in japanese media could literally turn to the camera and say, in perfect english. 'i am transgender, i identify as a different gender than the sex that was assigned to me at birth' and weebs will twist themselves into a knot to explain how that was wrong and not true and a mistranslation is so true tbh

i hope the conservative anti woke crowd sticks to their word and avoids mario games. the less of them in any fanbase the better.

Back