Heroines in Smash "Bros"?

Dorayaki

King Bowser
It's an obvious point that there aren't many female characters in Smash bros games. In Mario spinoffs, it can be controlled with numerous main female characters. But in Smash bros or other all-star brands, it's usually difficult when dealing with male representives from all titles. Is it possible to be controlled?

Mario/Marioverse: It's not pleasant to see Peach the only heroine of the eight representives while Yoshi could be without gender. Mario bros and Bowser are from SMB, and the rest represent their subseries. If we can't additionally add new female representives from each series (Daisy/Dixie/Mona), the only possible way could be replacing Diddy who is a second male kong of his own series.

Zelda series: Not to say heroines, the series itself doesn't have numerous recurring characters. Even if Toon Link won't be in Smash 4, it's hard to find a second suitable female represntive.

Kid Icarus: Palutena seems to be the only candidate. But it also seems unlikely to occur if she's a goddess and won't fight like Zelda or Peach.

Kirby series: Many to choose, like Tiff or Adeleine. However, it's restricted by Nintendo if they would not pay attention to other major characters beside the three present representives in future Kirby games.

Falcon series: We did have some female racers like Jody or Kate. However, it's unkown if they're considered in the first place since they're not actaul "heroines" of the racing games.

Starfox series: Needless to say, Krystal.

Pokemon series: The series don't stress on genders of the animals. The most possible way is an XY female trainer in face of the old male trainer.

Mother/EarthBound: Paula seems to be the suitable one.

Fire Embelm: If we stick to the original Shadow Dragon, the suitable fighter is Caeda/Sheeda.

New series(?): Jill the Drill Dozer.

The fact we usually met is most notable games have both the main protagonist and antagonist being male, and it leads to a Smash "Bros" game. It's difficult to be changed unless Nintendo make new girls' titles, or make those heroines referred above become more important in their own games.

Fire Embelm and EarthBound are the series that use different stories in each game. However, if the staff choose only the male protagonist from each game, none of the heroines would be chosen for sure. Some other second-protagonists would face a similar problem.

Most of these I don't see why they should include more females just for the sake that they're female. The Smash Bros. roster isn't exactly supposed to be an equality sort of thing. Mario and Zelda series are fine with what they have because Peach and Zelda is one of the most iconic characters from the series they represent. Putting in say Daisy, Rosalina, or Midna just for having more girls seems rather silly.

I think fairly enough that Star Fox might be good to have Krystal, and a female Pokemon Trainer wouldn't hurt either. Because they do have a legitimate big part of their series. Especially if the Latter represents a different generation of Pokemon (While Krystal by now has been part of the Star Fox franchise since the early Gamecube era). I'm not trying to say that having more females in the roster is bad. It's just if there's more deserving and more popular characters in the same series then they shouldn't be passed on by simply to try to add more female characters.

Also Saki is Male.

i like having females but the only real reason i think females should really take part if they're iconic or significant to that series.

I mean i love daisy and rosalina to death, but putting them in the mario roster is just meaningless as Peach is already more significant then them both and fits the role just fine.

There are some females I'd like to see though for some series rosters like fire emblem. Putting in Lynn or Erica as playable would be good in my book, I know there are a lot of sword characters, but I can't think of many main females that would really fit the spot on the fire emblem side since most of the mains for the FE stories are male, or either they ride a Pegasus(although removing them and making them use spear would be cool).

Krystal is something im down with though, as I like Krystal a lot, and combining technology and a staff fighting style would certainly be interesting.

I think Kumatora would be interesting for the mother characters as I just love her character and mother 3, but yeah, although it'd take some revision on Ness and Lucas as their attacks are actually belong to Paula and Kumatora, seeing as Ness and Lucas are mostly support characters with their unique psi attack and physical attack stat.

Otherwise i can't much think of anything else though.

Northern Verve said:
Also Saki is Male.

Most of these I don't see why they should include more females just for the sake that they're female. The Smash Bros. roster isn't exactly supposed to be an equality sort of thing.
Thanks for reminding. I didn't play that game, and Saki is a common female Japanese name which misled me.

As I said that Jody and Kate weren't heroines of their own game, indeed we should choose important protagonists instead of just those who are girls. I just want to take some examples if there some characters could make it like Peach or Zelda.

Dorayaki said:
Mario/Marioverse: It's not pleasant to see Peach the only heroine of the eight representives while Yoshi could be without gender.
confirmed male
you can say he's male now unless you don't even care about what staff say

Super Luigi World said:
NOTE: I just read the title, so it's a series name

Dorayaki said:
Mario/Marioverse: It's not pleasant to see Peach the only heroine of the eight representives while Yoshi could be without gender.
confirmed male
you can say he's male now unless you don't even care about what staff say
The title was just a joke. Did you take it serious?

Could you show me where is it if I didn't notice? It's what I usually thought.

Super Luigi World said:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Yoshi#Solid_Snake_Codec_Conversation
It had been discussed, and like the previous link it should be related to the whole biology of dinasours. We don't know if the dialogue means something like Birdo's case or no dinos use "she".

And it's an offtopic part if you mean not doing with female fighters.

I think Palutena and Krystal are actually the only heroines left. Aside from them, I would think of Rosalina, who, like Palutena, aided the main character (Mario/Pit) to beat the game. Then again, Rosalina is still too new.

well quite frankly rosalina isnt really necessary since 1) there are a lot of mario characters even now and 2) peach is a better representative of mario series as a female.

but uh there are actually still some other females in other franchises that are still there, like i said.

I don't think this is Smash's problem but more of an industry problem in general. Apart from really iconic characters like say, Samus, or Lara Croft, there really isn't a ton of female representation in gaming that you just look at her for some seconds and go "yeah, I know who that girl is." Maybe they could introduce Dixie Kong, or Lyn, hell, they could even put Bayonetta since Platinum and Nintendo are BFFs now, but I would rather they focus first on putting more variety in gameplay styles and series represented than things like gender equality, so just putting obscure characters that aren't really known would not be sure a great idea.

Is this really an issue? Is this supposed to be a game about equality in games? Should there be a topic about how there are no black people, gay people, or French Canadian cats in this game? I think not.

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
Is this really an issue? Is this supposed to be a game about equality in games? Should there be a topic about how there are no black people, gay people, or French Canadian cats in this game? I think not.
Just for fun:
Black: Ganondorf, Game & Watch
Gay: Snake

Xpike said:
Poppy Bro Sr. said:
Just for fun:
Ganondorf is not a person. He's a Gerudo.
Mr. Game & Watch is not a person. He's a two-dimensional creature.
Snake is not gay. He had a girlfriend I believe.

Xpike said:
I don't think this is Smash's problem but more of an industry problem in general. Apart from really iconic characters like say, Samus, or Lara Croft, there really isn't a ton of female representation in gaming
Yeah, that's why I've said that male lead protagonist is an industrial fact and can only be changed with new games.

The focus is those heroines who are as important as the lead heroines (Peach, Zelda) or other secondary male characters (Luigi, MetaKnight). As you or others said, there are indeed some possible candidates.
If we only have Rosalina or Jody on hand, it's almost impossible for sure.

New Super Mario said:
For Zelda, Impa could be a good choice for a new female representative (even though I don't want to see her before other characters)
Impa is cool in Skyward. However, I'm concerned that she's not iconic as same as Ganondorf in Zelda history. She has a chance only if the staff force to put the fourth candidate, but she's not prior to Paula or Krystal IMO.

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
Xpike said:
Just for fun:
Ganondorf is not a person.
Fun??

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
Xpike said:
Poppy Bro Sr. said:
Just for fun:
Ganondorf is not a person. He's a Gerudo.
Mr. Game & Watch is not a person. He's a two-dimensional creature.
Snake is not gay. He had a girlfriend I believe.
1. That's like saying Hobbits aren't just tiny people with weird feet, it's just a fancy name for something that already exists. Gerudos are just black thieves.
3. He's gay, he lives with Otacon in MGS2 and MGS4 'till he dies. The fact that he had a girlfriend doesn't really work because it really didn't work it and he left to meet Otacon again. Also, they raised a kid together.

Maybe the next smash bros. they will replace Snake with Tomb Raider :rolleyes:

OR EVEN BETTER

Since nintendo is japan... and anime is japan.. say hello to magic girls.... ;D

Ghostony said:
Maybe the next smash bros. they will replace Snake with Tomb Raider :rolleyes:

OR EVEN BETTER

Since nintendo is japan... and anime is japan.. say hello to magic girls.... ;D

Anime characters will never get into Smash Bros. Forget about it.

Hello kitty

images

:rolleyes:

--------------
On a serious note.. what about Kachi from Sin and Punishment 2?

I really don't care, it's a video game and just a bunch of buttons and colors and numbers. As long as you have fun playing the game, what else matters.

Back