Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Paper Mario

• Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xzelion

Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant...
Retired Wiki Staff
Which one of these games have the darkest theme?

Not to double post but I'll go with PiT.

I vote for the thousand years door, the places were very calm and lonely, ghost toad and the way of killing you, the pit of 100 trials, the shadow palace and the introduction of the shadow queeny

I've only played superstar saga and SMRPG but I've reed a walktrough of PMTTYD, it's theme was pretty dark

Yeah, my vote goes for TTYD. I haven't played much of SPM, but so far Mario hasn't fought any demons or interacted with street gangs.

:bobomb: SPOILER ALERT :bobomb:

Super Paper Mario, I mean, c'mon, Luigi is brainwashed into being a bad guy, the tragic love story of Lord Blumier/Count Bleck and Lady Timpani/Tippi, the whole Mario equivalent of Hell, etc. Not to mention the whole Count Bleck was going to commit mass, mass, mass genocide and destroy everything.

:bobomb: END SPOILERS :bobomb:

I didn't read whatever that spoiler was, but I'm assuming it totally PWNED me and my comment about SPM lacking demons and street gangs.

I saw the entire story and all bosses on SPM on Youtube (MAJOR SPOILERS! RUN!) and yeah, SPM is DARK. But TTYD is darker. DEMONS, DUDES. Bleck is nothing with Shadow Queen. She's pure evil. DUDE.

Well, the destruction of multiple universes and dimensions is pretty big too.....Plus he has his cane

Plumber said:
Well, the destruction of multiple universes and dimensions is pretty big too.....Plus he has his cane

A CANE!! :shock: :shock: :lol:
and luigi goes bad (Mr. L) sammer guys die....

3dejong said:
I saw the entire story and all bosses on SPM on Youtube (MAJOR SPOILERS! RUN!) and yeah, SPM is DARK. But TTYD is darker. DEMONS, DUDES. Bleck is nothing with Shadow Queen. She's pure evil. DUDE.
spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!!

and don't forget that almos every place were very lonely, like reverside station and posley satum, the music of the pit, ghost toad and the music of shadow peach was astonishing

Sir Grodus said:
:bobomb: SPOILER ALERT :bobomb:

Super Paper Mario, I mean, c'mon, Luigi is brainwashed into being a bad guy, the tragic love story of Lord Blumier/Count Bleck and Lady Timpani/Tippi, the whole Mario equivalent of Hell, etc. Not to mention the whole Count Bleck was going to commit mass, mass, mass genocide and destroy everything.

:bobomb: END SPOILERS :bobomb:
I agree with Sir Grodus... I watched people playing the game on YouTube (Becasuse I can't afford to buy the Wii and play it myself :P ) and the storyline does seem very dark... Darker than I'd expect from a Super Mario game...

It's funny, but Cyrus from Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl had pretty much the same plan as Count Bleck; destroy the universe and make a newer, better one. Of course, Cyrus was a misanthropic sociopath and Count Bleck was simply demented with grief. Still, Count Bleck's plan of destroying everything and killing an infinite number of people seems to make Super Paper Mario one of the darkest of the Mario games.

Super Paper Mario has such a dark theme... I love it; especially...

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER!!!!!

How Bleck and Tippi were in love, how Bleck and Tippi were seperated, cruel and sinister Dimentio, the destruction of Sammer's Kingdom (come ON people, that is MASS MURDER!), the World of Nothing (SUUUPER spooky at night), and even the amazing, deep surprise ending of Chapter 7.

ENDSPOILERENDSPOILERENDSPOILER!!!!!

Though I must say, Partners in Time had the darkest theme. Reminded me of horror films... Especially the stuff about sucking the life out of Toads... Creepy...

The Thousand-Year Door never struck me as a dark game, but now that I think of it it is A dark game, but not very dark; there are some dark themes, yes, but the great humor and wackiness sort of nulls the darkness. Doopliss was dark and spooky, for example...until he's actually met, then he's never dark nor spooky again. Grubba was one dark dude, though.

So anyway, my vote goes to Partners in Time.

I picked PiT. I mean, look at the poor toads in Toadwood forest!

In SPM, so what, the world was ending.

In PiT it was to, but much more painfully.

Max2 said:
In SPM, so what, the world was ending.

In Super Paper Mario, all the worlds were ending; as in, all of existance would be wiped out and nothing will be left; several... some really, really, really huge number of people would die.

Back