NBA Lockout

UltimatePetey

Go! Magnezone!
I'm surprised no one made this thread yet, maybe cause you guys aren't in to Basketball as much as I am.

I'm wondering when the NBA Lockout will end. I don't clearly know the reasons of it, but some good players are going away, along with new players from NCAA coming into the NBA, probably not knowing what to do.

Anyway, Dirk says "We want to defend our title" on his Facebook (or twitter, I can't remember). Honestly, he shouldn't say that, since the lockout hasn't been sorted out, and I think that it will be even worse than the NFL. Well actually, not really. Probably the same amount of time.

Also, while we're here, just discuss about the NBA itself. But mostly about the lockout.

DISCUSS AWAY!

I have a feeling they're going to lose a few games at least. Hopefully the lockout will spark more interest in the league like the NHL lockout did a few years ago.

The longer they go without solving this, the better it is for the NHL (more publicity) and the NCAA (more publicity and more players wanting to stay in college).

centaursTesticle said:
I have a feeling they're going to lose a few games at least. Hopefully the lockout will spark more interest in the league like the NHL lockout did a few years ago.

The longer they go without solving this, the better it is for the NHL (more publicity) and the NCAA (more publicity and more players wanting to stay in college).
NHL is not nearly as popular as NBA or NFL, but what you said is true. And also, is the NHL season over? I haven't seen any more games anywhere..

And yes, I'm sure they'll lose a few games. But really, I think NCAA is more popular than NHL, in my opinion, so it's a lot better for the NHL.

NHL season starts October 6th.

Anyway, one of the biggest problems with the NBA lockout is that a ton of the players have no idea how to manage money at all. You'd think they wouldn't have too many financial problems after retirement, even with taxes, but there are players out there who just throw their money in the shitter. A lockout would definitely hurt players' wallets.

I love basketball it's my favorite sport.

I don't really know There's quite a few of free agents like bibby. The lockout better get over with cause I can't go withput a season of basketball. Also I hope The people that go to turkey or something come back.

BananaYoshi said:
Ya. Who do you thinks the best in the NBA?
Well, apparently, the NBA thinks Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls is the MVP, since he won the award this year, but I personally think it should be Dirk Nowitzski or Kobe Bryant.

Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:
Well, apparently, the NBA thinks Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls is the MVP, since he won the award this year, but I personally think it should be Dirk Nowitzski or Kobe Bryant.

Ya D Rose just hogs the ball and makes his other teamates who are actually good like Joakihm Noah and Carlos Boozer look bad. This is a reason Why I added you to my Buddy list, because we both like basketball and that's hard to find. :D

BananaYoshi said:
Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:

Ya D Rose just hogs the ball and makes his other teamates who are actually good like Joakihm Noah and Carlos Boozer look bad. This is a reason Why I added you to my Buddy list, because we both like basketball and that's hard to find. :D
I know. Barely anyone likes basketball here :P At least we can talk about it.

But yeah, the only reason Rose got it is because he's a ball hogger. Like you said, they make Noah and Boozer look bad, which they're actually very talented players.

Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:
Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:

But yeah, the only reason Rose got it is because he's a ball hogger. Like you said, they make Noah and Boozer look bad, which they're actually very talented players.

Ya they are. I mean look at how bad this "Top 10 players" is. Lebron isn't #1 and Kobe and dirk are low too. ugh makes me mad.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1108/nba-top-10-players/content.1.html

Here's the other 90. http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/08/15/top-100-nba-players-nos-11-20/

I mean seriously, Carmelo Anthony at 20? I believe he should be ranked near 12

BananaYoshi said:
Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:
Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:

Ya they are. I mean look at how bad this "Top 10 players" is. Lebron isn't #1 and Kobe and dirk are low too. ugh makes me mad.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1108/nba-top-10-players/content.1.html

Here's the other 90. http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/08/15/top-100-nba-players-nos-11-20/

Wow, D Rose is 9th. I'm not surprised.

Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:
Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:
Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:

Ya. I didn't look but was Noah or Boozer on there at all?

BananaYoshi said:
Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:
Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:
Dr. Mario said:
BananaYoshi said:

Ya. I didn't look but was Noah or Boozer on there at all?
I don't think so.

Back